A day in the life of a Snap-on franchisee
Ever wondered what it’s like to be a Snap-on franchisee? In our “Day in the Life” videos, you can get a front-seat view of a typical day in the life of a few of our franchisees. Snap-on franchisees come from all different walks of life prior to their careers with Snap-on. Check out the videos below to hear their stories…
The individuals appearing in the videos are franchisees in the UK and Ireland.
Why should you choose a Snap-on franchise?
Snap-on is the most in-demand product in its category. As with any franchise, the time and effort you commit is directly linked to the success of your business. BUT unlike many other franchisors, with Snap-on, there are no royalties or advertising fees to pay and you keep 100% of your profits.
Snap-on grants franchisees a license to operate a franchised mobile store. These high-tech showrooms on wheels bring a complete retail-shopping environment to customers – right where they work.
What independence looks like
With Snap-on, success is built-in. Here are just a few reasons why, when you choose Snap-on, you choose one of the UK’s number one franchises:
- We find your customers, you build the relationship
- You keep 100% of your profits
- An exclusive, protected territory
- Global support staff ratio of 2:1 to every franchisee
- Family business – spouses and family often involved
- Snap-on in-house funding assistance available
- Exceptional training and unwavering ongoing support
- Proven franchise model, refined for over 90 years
With Snap-on, you are in control of your franchise. You have a weekly service requirement to meet, but you set your schedule and you manage your customer relationships.
Training and support
In business for yourself but never by yourself.
Snap-on is a real, honest business. So it’s no surprise that our approach to training and supporting our new recruits in a no-nonsense one. We’ve trained over 400 franchisees in the UK and Ireland on how to launch and grow their business quickly and with maximum impact. When you join us, you become part of a team. Our network is our family. And we look after you just as we would our family.
For your initial week of training, we will fly you to our dedicated training school in Dallas and teach you everything you will need to know about running a Snap-on franchise:
- Product knowledge and application
- Salesmanship and credit selling
- Customer service and management
- Business administration
- Basic accounts – collection and banking etc.
- Computer training for your state-of-the-art sales and stock systems.
Confident, knowledgeable and inspired, you will then come into our headquarters in Kettering on a guided tour of the facility. Here you’ll meet the staff who will support you on a daily basis and collect your very own mobile store.
Going the extra mile
Our support doesn’t stop once you’re out on the road. Our continuous support programme is designed to maximise all of your opportunities, making your business a success from day one:
- Dedicated Franchise Developer for your first 12 months
- Five full days of on-van support immediately after launch
- A further 12 days of on-van support within your first five weeks
- Monthly franchisee forums for training, new product launches and sharing ideas
- National marketing strategy and promotional materials delivered fortnightly
- Head office telephone support line.
After your first year with us, a specialist Sales Developer will be assigned to you for the duration of your Snap-on franchise. Their role is to help you improve and hone your sales strategy and techniques so that you can maximise your profits over the long term.
We want you to be successful so we provide you with all the tools you need to achieve your goals.
Tour a Snap-on Store
Take a tour of a mobile store and see why, when we call it a showroom on wheels, we mean it!