Training and support
In business for yourself but never by yourself.
Snap-on is a real, honest business. So it’s no surprise that our approach to training and supporting our new recruits in a no-nonsense one. We’ve trained over 400 franchisees in the UK and Ireland on how to launch and grow their business quickly and with maximum impact. When you join us, you become part of a team. Our network is our family. And we look after you just as we would our family.
For your initial week of training, we will fly you to our dedicated training school in Dallas and teach you everything you will need to know about running a Snap-on franchise:
- Product knowledge and application
- Salesmanship and credit selling
- Customer service and management
- Business administration
- Basic accounts – collection and banking etc.
- Computer training for your state-of-the-art sales and stock systems.
Confident, knowledgeable and inspired, you will then come into our headquarters in Kettering on a guided tour of the facility. Here you’ll meet the staff who will support you on a daily basis and collect your very own mobile store.
“I’ve been a franchisee since 1997 but I still get training! We get updates and meetings to attend but mostly you are constantly gaining experience in selling and how to deal with customers on a day to day basis,” Elio Auletta, Sutton franchisee.
Going the extra mile
Our support doesn’t stop once you’re out on the road. Our continuous support programme is designed to maximise all of your opportunities, making your business a success from day one:
- Dedicated Franchise Developer for your first 12 months
- Five full days of on-van support immediately after launch
- A further 12 days of on-van support within your first five weeks
- Monthly franchisee forums for training, new product launches and sharing ideas
- National marketing strategy and promotional materials delivered fortnightly
- Head office telephone support line.
After your first year with us, a specialist Sales Developer will be assigned to you for the duration of your Snap-on franchise. Their role is to help you improve and hone your sales strategy and techniques so that you can maximise your profits over the long term.
We want you to be successful so we provide you with all the tools you need to achieve your goals.
That’s business; the Snap-on way.
“Snap-on is the best company I’ve ever worked with. I don’t feel like I’m on my own even though I’m out running the business on my own day-to-day. I enjoy working with Snap-on and they’re a great team of people,” Adam Callis, Snap-on Cornwall.