Privacy Practices Statement
Our Commitment to Privacy
1. The privacy of your personal data is important to us. As part of our commitment to the privacy of your personal data, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal data is collected and used at this Web site. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personal data is requested.
The Personal Data We Collect
3. In general, when you visit our site you remain anonymous, but on some pages, you need to provide personal data to register, order products and contact Snap-on U.K. Holdings Limited (“Snap-on”). The types of personal data collected at these pages may include: Name, Company, Snap-on Customer Number (if applicable), Address, E-mail Address, Phone Number, Fax Number, and Credit/Debit Card/Procurement Card Information
4. We also enable you to submit information about other people. For example, we may request that you provide us with information about your franchisee or representative.
The Way We Use Personal Data
5. We use the personal data you provide when accessing this Web site in connection with our franchise programme, including but not limited to contacting you to provide you with more details about the franchise programme.
6. We also use your information to communicate with you, for example, to answer the e-mail and correspondence we receive and to notify you of important changes in the functionality of the Web site.
7. We may use your information to make recommendations for additional products or special offers, and to provide you with updates on new products that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive this information in the future, please contact us at email@example.com
8. From time to time, we may share certain information with select third parties including other Snap-on affiliates and independent Snap-on franchisees in your area to enable them to offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. We may disclose personal data in response to legal process or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, for example, in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s request.
10. We will not use or share the personal data provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without first providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Customisation and Aggregate data
11. We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our Web site and gather information for product management and development at Snap-on. For example, we may tell our sales and marketing staff that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our Web site, or that Y number of software licenses were ordered during a particular time period, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals. This aggregate information may also be shared with Snap-on’s affiliates and independent franchisees.
Our Commitment to Security of Personal Data
12. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
14. Snap-on has no intention of collecting personal data from children at this site.
Removal of Personal Data
15. You may contact us using the information below to ask us to remove your personal data from our records, electronic or otherwise.
Notification under the Data Protection Act 1998
16. Snap-on has made a notification as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Transfers outside the EEA
17. This Web site is based on servers based outside of the EEA. In using this Web site, you consent to Snap-on transferring your personal data outside the EEA.
Changes to the Policy
18. Our privacy practices, like the online medium itself, are subject to change. If we make any changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement at our site.
How to Contact Us
19. Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies or wish to have your personally identifiable information deleted from our records, please send an email to email@example.com or write to Snap-On U.K. Holdings Limited, Distribution Centre, Telford Way Industrial Estate, Kettering, Northants, NN16 8SN.